We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ready for Christmas and The First Snow Day

It's amazing how the world can change overnight. We had our first official snow day today and Jesse commented that it had snowed
because it was now December. Good observation!







Dyl's first real snow day! He loved playing outside with the kids and Daddy. I was surprised that he didn't pull off his hat or gloves.








The Widdisons built this snowman with the kids. It turned out so cute. They had so much fun. They are definitely the funner parents!




Last Sunday we decorated the tree. We just have a little tree because we have a little house. It is a very festive tree, however and it was so quick to set up and decorate. The best part is that the lights are already on it. That is definitely the way to go!






We even got to see Santa. Jesse and Grace knew that he was the REAL Santa because he had a real beard...Jesse touched it!







They also got to ride on the little train.







Our fun, creative neighbor, Emily, painted a snowman on her window in preparation for the holidays, so Jesse and Grace decided that we needed a penguin on ours. And here you have it. You may know that I am not an artist in the least, but my kids are my biggest fans, they make me stretch and do things that I would never attempt before. And to tell you the truth...I think that it turned out pretty cute. One more blessing of having children, they keep us reaching and being able to accomplish things never before thought possible. I know that this is a silly example, but they keep me on my toes in many ways that end up making me a better person (at least I hope!)
I hope you all are having fun preparing for the holiday season. I think this is the most fun that I have had in a long time! It's great to have kids old enough to get you in the Spirit!

5 comments:

shayla said...

super fun post! I think we visited the same real Santa when we lived in Utah. Your kids are too cute.

Joanne said...

I love the new layout, Poppy! It looks really good.

Also, your penguin looks just perfect. Oliver would die - he is so into Christmas decorations. What kind of paint did you use?

Pamela Anderson said...

Just checked out your site. It's been a while since I saw you. you have a cute family. I'm at www.xanga.com/bripam in case you are interested. Pam Anderson(formerly Arnell)

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I think your penguin is really cute too. And I know that you tagged me but these things take time. Take care.

Becky J. said...

Whatever you're not a good artist! That penguin is awesome! And the tree's way cute, too. I can't wait until Sophie's old enough to really get into the Christmas spirit with me.