We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yummy!

I have never posted a recipe on my blog before, but I just made the yummiest (and easiest) dinner that we have had in a loooong time. I get into a bit of a rut, but I tried something new tonight and it was great (and healthy), I thought I would share.

Curry Chicken and Sweet Potatoes

4 boneless chicken breasts (I used chicken tenderloins)
1 med onion-cut up (I used onion powder...we are not onion fans at this house)
2-3 sweet potatoes-cut into chunks
2/3 cup orange juice
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tsp curry powder
1 clove garlic-minced (I used 1/8 tsp garlic powder)

Place the chicken, onion and sweet potatoes in your slow cooker, mix together remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken/sweet potatoes. Cook on low for 4-6 hours (or however your slow cooker works.) I cooked mine on high for about 3 hours.

I served this with delicious coconut rice. Just replace 1/2 to 2/3 of your water with canned coconut milk (found in the Asian food aisle) and cook as usual. I used Minute rice and did 2 cups of coconut milk (one can is just about 2 cups) and 1 cup water to 3 cups of the rice. I am not a huge coconut fan, but this was so delightful!

The whole meal was so "fancy" tasting (quoted from Danny!) I loved that it had a little exotic flair without going overboard. The kids liked it well enough, but Danny and I loved it! Definitely a keeper in our food file. YUM!

Sorry-no picture.
Original recipe found here.


You've gotta try it!

4 comments:

Molly said...

This sounds sooo yummy, I can't wait to try it. We just tried something new tonight, super easy & it was a hit too. Must of been something in the air tonight.

here's what we ate:)
http://www.wholeliving.com/recipe/greek-style-quinoa-burgers-recipe

Stephanie said...

This sounds great. Thanks.

Jessica said...

this sounds good! i always love to have a new crockpot recipe.

Becky J. said...

We had it tonight for dinner and it was delicious! I love curry so thanks for sharing!