I wanted to do this for my 100th post, but I am one too late! To celebrate my 101st post, here are 101 things about me. You may or may not know them, you may or may not find them interesting, but here they are (let's see if I can come up with 101, I'm really not that interesting!)
1. I lived in the same house until I was 20 years old
2. I've moved about 19 times since!
3. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley (just outside of LA)
4. I am an original "Valley Girl"-Like, totally! Oh my gosh!
5. I was the only Laurel in YW for a year before a couple of Mia Maids moved up.
6. I am a Camp Crafter (in the YW's camping program)
7. That was back when we actually camped in tents, cooked our own food, and had no flushing toilets!
8. I have one terrific big sister
9. and two good-looking (not so) little brothers
10. My parents divorced when I was 20
11. My mom is the most fun mom
12. My dad is the hardest working, most creative guy around
13. I served a mission in Boise, ID
14. I was never going to be a missionary!
15. I joked about going to Idaho
16. so much so that my mom and friends did not believe me when I told them
17. It was the best mission ever
18. I was married 9-9-00
19. makes it easy to remember
20. My husband, Danny is the best (he even does dishes without being asked...I know you are all jealous!)
21. I was engaged twice before Danny
22. Third times the charm!
23. All I ever wanted to do growing up was to get married
24. I was 27 before I saw that day
25. I have 1 smart, beautiful girlie-girl
26. 1 smart, handsome, conscientious boy
27. 1 smart, cute, destructive boy
28. and one more boy on the way
29. I wonder what he will be like
30. I don't love being pregnant
31. but am grateful for the blessing that it is
32. I get pregnant really easily
33. I am not looking forward to delivering this little guy
34. but I can't wait to meet him
35. I love my bed
36. I sleep on the edge
37. often with limbs hanging over
38. I do not like to snuggle or be touched while I sleep-sorry, Danny!
39. I have to be able to stick my feet out of the covers
40. I hate to get up
41. especially before 7am
42. Dylan has been getting up between 5:30 and 6am lately
43. and he can get out of his bed
44. I am buying a child-proof door knob cover today for the inside of his door
45. I watch too much TV
46. but not as much as I used to
47. I play on the internet too much
48. I let my kids do the same
49. I'm lazy
50. and a terrible procrastinator
51. I hate this about myself
52. I would love to be "super mom"
53. and have a clean and tidy house
54. my body will not comply!
55. I hate clutter and get rid of stuff constantly
56. or don't get anything to begin with
57. yet I can't keep my house clean...what gives!
58. I have too much hair
59. I hate onions
60. I don't like coconut
61. Bananas are not my favorite, but I can tolerate them.
63. I have a horrible sweet tooth
64. I have to eat dessert with almost every meal
65. baked goods are my favorite (cookies, cake, brownies, etc.)
66. candy will sometimes suffice
67. but not always
68. I really don't like nuts in my baked goods
69. I used to beg my dad to leave them out...he wouldn't
70. I've gotten really good at picking them out
71. I have to have the toilet paper roll coming over the top
72. and squeeze the toothpaste tube from the bottom
73. I rarely eat the last bite of my sandwich, burger, etc.
74. It drives Danny crazy
75. Out of sheer habit, I still tap the top of my soda can before opening, I don't even know that I'm doing it...Danny does!
76. I love Dr. Pepper
77. I wear flip flops nearly year-round
78. I don't like close-toed shoes
79. I hate when windshield wipers squeak
80. They must be going only as fast as is necessary
81. Jesse says that I sound like a trumpet when I blow my nose
82. I blow my nose a lot lately
83. I used to have a photographic memory
84. now I am a 35mm in a digital world
85. Kids did that to me
86. and the lack of use over the past several years
87. I need to upgrade!
88. I've never been out of the country
89. Except for Tijuana, Mexico
90. That doesn't really count
91. If money, time and children were not a factor, I would travel the world
92. I wish that I had done that before getting married
93. I had the time, but not the resources
94. I hate carpet in main living areas
95. My kids destroy it
96. My dream house has wood floors throughout
97. Except the bedrooms
98. I would love to design and build my own furniture
99. I will someday
100. Almost there!
101. I love the blogosphere!
Whew...we made it! I hope you stayed with me through that all. Now you know a little more about me...the good, the bad and the ugly. Don't love me any less for my faults, I was just trying to be honest!