We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Friday, September 18, 2009

My new favorite thing!

BeforeNothing special!

After
A little closer look
I made that all by myself! I just saw one in a magazine that they were selling for $775 and mine was free. I already had the mirror, I picked up the driftwood at the beach and I already had the glue sticks! But, I figured if I had started from scratch it would have cost less than $35 maybe even less if you found a good, cheap mirror at DI or something. I have carried around the driftwood for about 2 years wanting to do this project and it is finally done! I love the way it turned out.
Thanks for letting me share my project frenzy with you guys! I think that I am done for a little while...maybe!

PS...I'm sorry that I seem to be bragging a little lately, I just never thought that I could do anything like this before, so I never tried, afraid that I would fail. But a couple of years ago, I just got over my fear and just started doing and I am just so pleased (and surprised!) that things are turning out! Thanks again for indulging me!

4 comments:

shayla said...

oh, so up my alley! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the silver dresser--so yummy, and that frame just does it in and makes it fabulous! I love how it turned out. I still need to make my footprints frame with the driftwood I found in HI and had shipped home.

Laura said...

you are allowed to brag any time you want to! it looks fabulous. i'm really impressed with everything you've done with your house. someday you'll be in a magazine, for sure!

Joanne said...

I love how you get all these great ideas and then just get out and do them - I need to learn from you, because I am the biggest wimp/procrastinator when it comes to projects like this. It looks awesome!

Rosey Posey said...

I'm impressed. It looks so looks like it came from a designer magazine. Great job!