We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Monday, October 24, 2011

Just so you know...

We survived the weekend.  I'm feeling much better today and my children's lives(and my sanity) are no longer in jeopardy!  Well, at least for the moment...that can quickly change.  Thanks for the words of encouragement and/or just understanding.  I feel much better knowing that I am not the only one with these feelings.  Let's just keep plugging away, doing the best we can.  Love to you all!

3 comments:

Jen Lynn said...

I was going to send you a big email yesterday, I was totally feeling the same when I read your post. The whole "acting" thing is the hardest part of parenting for me.

Stephanie said...

I knew if I made a comment it would be like 70 paragraphs long because I'm so wordy that way, so I was just wishing you were closer and we could just go out to lunch and chat.

And you know what? When you don't really know what you're doing, there's nothing wrong with just "faking it" as long as you're copying the right people-- the Savior, examples from the Scriptures, good parents from your own life. Learning by doing is a totally valid way to work it out.

Alan and Jeni said...

You're not alone, Poppy. Survival mode is exactly how I feel my life has been for quite some time now too. Parenting is HARD! And Emily is right, Elder Uchtdorf's talk is a great place to start when you are feeling overwhelmed or inadequate, especially since it reminds us that we are always the hardest on ourselves. After our past few years here struggling, I can give you a lot more uplifting messages if you need them. :) Sending love your way!