We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Wednesday, August 27, 2008

An interview with Grace and Jesse

This something that I found on my SIL's blog and thought I'd give it a try with my kids. Grace had a little hard time, but Jess spoke right up.
1. What is something that mom always says to you?
Grace: Ask Jess
Jesse: Stop it
2. What makes mom happy?
G: Doing good things
J: Listening
3. What makes mom sad?
G: Hitting
J: When your purse got stolen (like 3 years ago, what a memory!)
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
G: Tickle
J: Tickling me
5. What was your mom like as a child?
G: Watching shows
J: I have no idea
6. How old is your mom?
G: I don't remember
J: 35
7. How tall is your mom?
G: Big
J: I don't know
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
G: Go on the computer
J: Put us in our rooms
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
G: I don't know
J: Do something, but I don't know
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
G:
J: Making money (I wish!)
11. What is your mom really good at?
G: Doing hair? (not)
J: Not really anything (nice)
12. What is your mom not so good at?
G:
J: Crying-you don't do it very much (I must hide it well!)
13. What does your mom do for her job?
G: Wash the dishes
J: Taking care of the kids
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
G:
J: Enchiladas
15. What makes your mom proud?
G: Not doing bad things
J: When I do good at school
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
G: Hannah Montana
J: Minnie Mouse
17. What do you and your mom do together?
G: Go to gymnastics
J: Go to the bus stop (what a nice mom)
18.How are you and your mom the same?
G: We have the same haircut
J: No how
19. How are you and your mom different?
G: Our clothes are different colors
J: Hairs are different and eyes are a different color
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
G: You give me hugs and kisses
J: Because we are your kids

14 comments:

Becky J. said...

Ha! That was great! I'd be afraid to know what my kids would say if they could communicate well enough to tell me. :) I loved their answers.

Mandy said...

Jesse is hilarious. I love that he thinks you like to put them in thier rooms, and that you are not really good at anything. Much better answers then I got.

Alison said...

Oh, this made me cry. I had such a bad day and reading this made me realize I am not alone in my attempts to be a good mommy. Thanks for posting the real stuff. I hope you are doing well and feeling good. babies are what we do. Loves...

Rosey Posey said...

Mike and I laughed so hard. I love how you always put things in their exact words. I can't wait to do fun stuff like that with Evey. You guys are too funny.

Alison said...

I am not selling them, probably be gifts. Would you like one? I would love to give you something you actually enjoy. I am using them as picture frames. let me know.
Try the video again if you want. It worked just now.

Dannielle said...

That was funny I am going to do that with my girls. We'll see what they say...if it is not too bad I might post it. :)

Emily Widdison said...

funny! I'll have to try this sometime.

Jill Hunt said...

That is the cutest idea! And kids are so honest. I love it!

Alan and Jeni said...

That was so funny! I'm gonna have to try it out on our kids.

shayla said...

I did this same thing, '20 questions', with a couple of my kids---just haven't posted yet. Fun to read yours! Sure gives you a window into their little brains!

Joanne said...

How funny! I just barely did this same thing with my kids, except it was with different questions - Bekah was sending around that email about the 2nd-graders who answered questions about their moms and came up with bizarre answers, and I thought it would be fun to see how my kids answered the same questions. Your questions are much better, though - I'll have to make them do it again.

Karalee said...

I love it! I will have to try that with my kids. It will be interesting to see what they say. Thanks for the idea.

susie harty said...

I am not sure if you even know that I look at your blog occasionally.....but I had to tell you how cute your interview was. I love that Grace thinks you would be the character of Hannah Montana and that Jesse thinks your favorite thing is to put them in their rooms. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Susie

Ice Cream said...

I want to try this. What better way to get a good feel for how I'm doing as a mom. Though I'm a bit scared to face the honesty.