We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fun surprises

On Sunday I was teaching Relief Society (for my new dream calling!) It my first week teaching and I was excited (and a little nervous, I've been teaching primary for soooo long!) Anyway, about 3/4 of the way through my lesson, I was going to relate something about my mission to Idaho when a lady visiting our ward yells out "Poppy!" She then ran up and gave me a big hug, right there in the middle of my lesson! It turns out that it was a very wonderful lady from my mission, Cathy Brown. When I was in Twin Falls (my favorite area) her family had an open-door policy for the missionaries. We were welcome anytime and the fridge was always stocked! It was so much fun to see her. It turns out that her son and daughter-in-law are in our ward and she and her husband Bob were visiting for the weekend. We were able to go out to lunch with them on Monday before they headed back to ID. It was so much fun to visit and catch up. I love the Browns! And I love Twin Falls!I was going to try to find a picture from when I was on my mission, but that's a box I don't want to search for right now. I'm in the middle of decorating my room, making invitations for Grace's upcoming birthday party and just trying to stay sane (which is not working too well at the moment!)

9 comments:

Dannielle said...

What a small world...especially in the church? I totally forgot that you served a mission in ID. Can't wait to see pics of your room.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I am playing catch up on my blog reading, and everything else. So congratulations on your little boy. That is so exciting that you can already feel him moving. You and Emily can't have all the fun, I am pregnant too. I have not posted it yet but plan to soon. I am due mid March.

Good luck with the decorating, maybe add a new bright bedspread or lamp with a bright shade... I am not very good at this kind of thing. I am in the process of rearranging my own place and thinking of putting up a few decorations in the girls room. We'll see.

Karalee said...

That is too cool! It is amazing how small the world becomes when you are a member of the church.

Joanne said...

How cool! I love it when stuff like that happens.

And teaching in Relief Society would not be my dream calling. But I'd love to come sit in on a class of yours!

Rosey Posey said...

That is so cool. What a small world. See you were meant to teach relief society because you might not have ran into her otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really neat. Fun to reminisce too I'm sure.

shayla said...

I'm sure it was as if no time had passed...except you're having your 4th child! What a fun surprise. What did you decide to do in your bedroom?

Melissa said...

Pop you look so cute! Cant wait to see you and your family. Only a month!

Teresa Beth Brower Timms said...

How wonderful to run into someone from your mission 0 of should I say have her run into you? :)