We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Friday, September 12, 2008

Isn't it amazing...

how music can transport you to a different time and place? I just downloaded a few songs from the Chicago 21 album and as I am sitting here listening to them I am suddenly back in 1991 and not here in my room getting ready to go to the dr, brooding over the fact that I have nothing to wear to cover this belly of mine and wishing that I had already done the mountain of laundry so that I had a better selection! (Wow that was quite a run-on!)
Right now I am in my senior year of high school, my boyfriend bought me the Chicago 21 album along with tickets for their concert. I am skinny (103 lbs!) and have little to no responsibilities. What happened!!??!!
By the way, I remember going to the concert. I had listened to the tape a hundred times to memorize the songs and was so disappointed that they did not play even one song from the new album. They sang some Rolling Stones, Queen, etc. But not one single song from the 21 album (it was the 21 tour!) I was pretty miffed, but it was fun, nonetheless.
It's fun to remember, but I wouldn't change my life now for anything...even the 103 lbs part!!! Memories are fun to reflect on. Isn't it nice that we have them so that we can re-live the good times and avoid making mistakes from the not-so-good times? Someone knew what They were doing when we were created.

1 comment:

shayla said...

Oh, gotta LOVE Chicago 21...hey, I went to that concert too..in Long Beach???? Only I was supposed to go with my boyfriend and we ended up 'taking a break' so I ended up going with a friend...not as good with Chicago, ya know.

So I commented on Dani's blog and saw that you'll be coming to CA next month. Do you have time to get together? I really think we should once and for all organize a reunion...Noreen, Jessica, you, me, Dani, Amy M., Pam...anyone else? We can do it up in the valley where it all began...

I don't think we'll be in Cali much longer and I'd really like to see everyone before the craziness hits...