We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Fall FHE and other goings-on

We went for a little nature walk on Monday for FHE to enjoy the limited fall beauty that we have. It was actually really nice. Own by the Rio Grande river there are lots of large beautiful trees and they were sporting their fall colors...Mostly just yellow and brown. I told the kids that the first person to find a tree with red leaves was the winner...I won, but the tree was to far away and it was getting dark, so I didn't get a picture of it! Here are some pictures from the "trek"!


































On Thursdays I decided to have a little girls' club at our house for some socializtion for my socially deprived little girl. We call it the Sugar and Spice Club (Danny calls it the Spice Girls-which makes Grace laugh!) Last week was our first official meeting and we made Halloween cookies. I was really good and let all the girls (plus Dyl) roll and cutout their own cookies (even though they were not perfect, nor anywhere near it-which is really hard for me!) and they had a really good time.


























Finally, last night we had our ward trunk or treat, we showed up a half hour late because I got the time wrong, but the kids had a fun time anyway. I just enjoyed visiting with some new friends.

2 comments:

Jill Hunt said...

Love the costumes! Way cute idea! And I can't wait to do fun things like that with my little girl! Have fun on your trip!

susie harty said...

I love family themed costumes! Your kids looked great.