We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Friday, June 5, 2009

So here's the scoop!

On Tuesday afternoon, I sat down to change Dylan's diaper and I landed square on that blasted giraffe's hard plastic nose. In that moment, I wanted to say a bad word, cry and yell at all the kids for leaving that dumb thing on the floor. However, I was able to restrain myself, if only because the kids had friends over. And besides, after the initial pain subsided, it didn't seem so bad. Boy was I wrong! A little later, I went to sit down with James and oh my goodness, the pain! It only got worse as the night progressed. I couldn't sit, bend over, squat or barely stand without a large measure of pain. Did you know that all movements below the waist, short of wiggling your toes, are connected to your coccyx!? Kinda like the way that all bodily movements, short of blinking are connected to your abdomen...I know, I had a c-section! And heaven forbid if you should have to sneeze in either scenario...OUCH!
Anyway, I went to the chiropractor and they took some x-rays. Fortunately, nothing is broken...unfortunately, it is Friday and the pain hasn't subsided as much as I would like, leaving me partially incapacitated. This is so stupid and I am so mad at myself for allowing such a dumb injury to happen and ruin our fun!On a side note, on Wednesday afternoon, a morning dove crashed into our sliding glass door and then was unable to fly away. I did a little calling around and found a wildlife rescue to take the bird to (I couldn't just let it be hurt) So, I hobbled out to the yard and caught the little guy and placed it in a box. Then yesterday, we drove it down to ABQ (a round trip of over an hour.) Now normally this wouldn't be such a big deal, but in order to drive, I had to sit...get the picture? I'm glad we were able to rescue the bird (the doc said it should be just fine, it broke it's wish bone and should be healed in about 10 days) I just wish I wasn't in so much pain to do it!
So that's what's happenin' at the Thatchers...we are laying low for a few more days to see if mom's bum can feel better!

7 comments:

Dannielle said...

That is a bummer - Hope you feel better soon. And way to save the bird! You have a big heart. It makes me wonder what I would do - I wouldn't have even thought to call somebody to see if they could fix it. I bet your kids loved that you did that.

Emily Widdison said...

What a BUMmer is right! Sound very ouchie! Ice/heat it!

Stephanie said...

When I was pregnant with Natalie, I slipped on the stairs and landed right on my tailbone. It hurt the rest of my pregnancy. I feel your pain.

Laura said...

i'm laughing, but i'm also feeling sad for you. but, you have to admit it is a little bit funny. maybe in hindsight. (ha ha). just kidding. hope you feel better soon!

Nanda said...

Oh ouch Poppy! That's too bad! Good thing nothing is broken though! Sorry it had to spoil your summer fun!

Mel said...

Ouch! Sorry! I hope you get to feeling better.

Joanne said...

How are you feeling? I hate dumb injuries like that.

But good job helping the bird.