We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Feeding time!

Yep, James is 6 months old (update tomorrow after his dr appt.) and you know what that means! One of my least favorite parts of motherhood...I put it off as long as possible, but it is time to start now...ugh! Time to introduce solids. This is so frustrating for me. Bite, spit out, back in, spit out, back in, etc., etc., etc., the mess, the feet in the mouth....I just don't have the patience for it. Does someone want to come and teach this kid how to eat???Needless to say a bath was in order directly after this episode! He's so darn cute, even with rice cereal between his toes!

****Scroll down for the plethora of posts today, I was in a posting mood!****

5 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

hint: to avoid the sucking on the toes...feed the baby in a chair that he can't reach his toes in! lol. Too funny and adorable!!

Laura said...

oh, that's my worst time, too. good luck!

p.s. the triathlon is a 1/4 mile swim (400 meters), 12 mile bike, and a 5k run. i'm a bit nervous about it, but it's been really fun training for it, and it's fun to have a goal and be doing something that's all for me.

you could totally do a 5k. go, poppy, go!

Joanne said...

Haha! That's why I wait until they are 8ish months old (although Henry demanded it around 7). He is cute, though, even with the rice-cereal toes.

Becky J. said...

I really dislike this stage, too! In fact, I dislike it all the way until they get out of the high chair. I can't stand cleaning the chair, the mess under the chair, and everything else involved in feeding solids! I can't wait until Avery's big enough to get up to the table. Actually, that's probably now! I think you've just inspired me to move her! :) Good luck with your own battle!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

Happy birthday to Dylan!