We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Half a Year!

My little guy is 6 months old (well a week and a half ago!) I don't know where the time has gone. It feels like it has gone by very fast, but it also feels like he has been a part of our family forever and we can't imagine life without him. We love this sweet, happy, cute little guy so much.
Here are his stats from his 6 month check up:
I don't remember his height and they didn't write it up like they usually do, but his weight was 13 lbs 6 oz. Yep, he's a little one. He actually has dropped off the charts which concerns my Dr. a little. Now many of you know that I just make little babies, but Jesse didn't fall off the charts until he was 18 months. The others stayed between 25-50 percentile until they were one. He also dropped a little in his height. He was running around the 50th percentile and has dropped to the 25th. I compare him a lot to Jess because James is his little clone. I just looked it up and Jess was 16 lbs 6 oz at 6 months...yikes that's a whole 3 pound difference. Anyway, at his appt., his dr wasn't quite sure what to do with him. On the one hand, he is happy, he looks healthy (no skin and bones), etc, but on the other, he is so stinkin' tiny. So, she had us go for a blood test just to make sure that he doesn't have any thyroid or metabolic disorders. We should get the results in a few days. I'll keep you posted. Well, at least Jesse won't be the smallest in the family!
I think his smallness only adds to his cuteness...I just hope that he is healthy.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Laura said...

oh, he is way cute. he looks healthy to me! does that count?

Dannielle said...

The best thing about little babies is they are easier to carry. I bet he is just fine - my kids were tiny end too.

Emily Widdison said...

So adorable! I think doctors area always way too concerned. I'm sure he is just fine! A total Jesse Jr. they look so much alike!! He is adorable...I just want to eat him up. Isaac was 13 lbs at 2 months! Yikes!!

Nanda said...

Poppy,

Your little guy is so darn cute! I can't believe he is six months already. Boy, how time does fly!

Lindsey Ramage said...

I love reading your posts! I feel like I am sitting in your kitchen in Provo chatting away. Now if I could just get my act together and talk back (or post on my own blog). Love ya Poppy!

Karalee said...

Kelsey was only 13 pounds and a few ounces at a YEAR.... she is a healthy 11 year old, so maybe there is just nothing to worry about!