We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dear Papa


A great man left this earth and I was lucky enough to have him as my grandpa, whom we affectionately called Papa.
I am so grateful for the gospel that lets me know that he is with my grandma, GG, again. There's was nothing but a love story and I am so glad that it did not have an end, but will continue forever.
In his 90 years he did so much for so many. He was a wonderful son, brother, teammate, war hero, friend, husband, father, teacher, principal, grandfather and great-grandfather. Papa wanted to live forever, but his body finally gave out. I know that GG was thrilled to have him back with her.
It was amazing. At his funeral there were students and faculty there that he had worked with nearly 60 years ago. He had made such an impact on their lives that a few of them even requested to speak at the services. It was nice to hear how he had blessed their lives as he had his family's.
When I got the call about his death, I was sad for only a minute because he will be missed, but I know that he is so much more comfortable and happy and I know we will see him again.
Bye for now, Papa, we will see you again!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Laura said...

he sounds like an amazing man!

Teresa Beth Brower Timms said...

A beautiful tribute to an amazing man! I feel blessed to have known and loved Papa and GG.

Rosey Posey said...

He was just as sweet as GG. I know he will be happy to be with his beloved again.