We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.


Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Poor Baby!

It turns out that poor little James has pneumonia. I took him to the Dr yesterday morning and sure enough he has it.
It started with a fever last Thursday. I took him to urgent care on Friday and the PA said it was nothing...sometimes babies get fevers. I almost had to beg her to at least look in his ears and stuff...since we were there. On Saturday he got congested and started coughing a bit and his fever was still there. Yesterday morning I decided to take him to his dr, but almost canceled because he seemed to be feeling a little better. I'm glad I didn't cancel.
Just so you know...he didn't have a very high fever and he didn't seem like he was struggling to breathe, just a low fever and a simple cold...or so it seemed. I'm not one that rushes to the dr every time my kid sniffles, but I am glad that I followed my instincts this time.
The dr gave him a big dose of antibiotics via a shot and after 3 sleepless nights (for both of us) he slept pretty good last night...and in his own crib. I am so grateful for that, I didn't know if I was going to survive one more night without sleep.
Thank goodness for priesthood blessings and for dr's that do their job!

5 comments:

Fellars Family said...

Glad to hear he is feeling better. That is so frustrating when you take them to the doctor and they don't do a thing.

Rosey Posey said...

Poor Jamesy. Glad to hear he's doing better. Wishing both of you many more nights or good sleep!

Laura said...

oh, boy! that sounds like too much excitement for me. it sounds like our babies are on the same schedule--pace has croup, and for the first time in my life, i have a child sleeping in the same room as me (minus newborns and vacations in one-room hotels). is james feeling better yet? how long does pneumonia last? just hearing that word makes me nervous.

Dannielle said...

Hope he is feeling better and that it doesn't spread to the rest of your family. That is no fun! Aren't you just so glad for modern medicine - and with this swine flu thing going around. I hate sending my kids to school. I tell them to wash there hands all the time. Scary! That was sad about your friend and Grandpa - hope you are doing okay.

Emily Widdison said...

poor baby indeed! I still need some more close up pics of this baby...but think I see Jesse in him? yes? No? maybe so?
So happy you had family around for the blessing!